Ngala works towards a community where:
- Children are healthy, safe, respected and develop to their full potential.
- Parents are knowledgeable, skilled, confident and supported.
- Parents and children enjoy positive interactions and relationships.
What we do:
Ngala works with and for families to enhance their experience of parenting and the development of young children.
What we are committed to and focus on:
- Listening, hearing and responding to the voice of the child.
- Innovation that is driven by the views of families, practice experience and research.
- An approach which is inclusive and focuses on the strengths of communities, families, children, our staff and volunteers.
What we want to achieve:
- Children have improved wellbeing and sense of belonging.
- Parents are more confident and able to delight in their children.
- Parents are more responsive, flexible and perceptive.
- Families have enhanced parenting skills.
- Communities are provided with useful evidence based information on the early years.
How we will do it:
- Deliver a range of quality universal, targeted and specialist services for WA families.
- Research, evaluate and develop services to meet needs of WA families and expand access to early parenting support.
- Advocate for families, babies and young children in line with our vision.
Other Related Topics
When: 30 Mar, 9:30am
Birth to 4 months: A 5-week series of workshops for parents with a newborn baby. Each workshop covers a wide range of topics about you and your new baby and provides the opportunity to meet and connect with other new parents in your local area.