Who Can Participate
There are 15 positions offered in each course and Ngala expects that there will be a high demand for both types of training.
In order to provide maximum support to organisations or groups that are working with communities using place-based initiatives, Ngala is providing an opportunity for you to submit an Expression of Interest in attending the courses.
Priority in either course will be given to the following applicants:
- Child and Parent Centre related organisations / groups including: ‘host NGO’, parents, volunteers, Local Advisory Committee members, service provider at a Child and Parent Centre, or school staff or;
- An organisation that has previously participated in Platforms training or;
- An organisation working or interested in developing placed-based initiatives and is committed to building: an outcomes focus, genuine partnership with families and working in partnership with families, communities and others who support them;
- Those attending with at least one other person from the same organisation or group.
Training participation assumes that participants:
- Live or work in a WA community where services are able to explore change and the ways they engage with community;
- Have an appreciation of the rationale for working collaboratively with other services and community members;
- Have a commitment to contributing to a collaborative service redevelopment approach in an existing or future role;
- Commit to attending the full series of five Platforms modules and/or full Family Partnership course on the advertised dates.
Training courses are subsidised and details of costs to professional are indicated on the course pages:
Follow the links above to the Expression of Interest Forms. Separate registrations are required for the two courses.
Subsidy will increase with the number of places booked by the same organisation. We are unable to offer single modules or sessions to new participants.
An organisation may be offered additional subsidy for places booked in 2016 and 2017 if all 4 places are not booked in this 2015 year.
Complete and email your EOI to email@example.com
Parents and volunteers included in any places offered will attend for free.
For professionals, places will be offered by email to your organisation contact person and you will then be required to provide confirmation of attendance.
Travel and accommodation assistance will be available for participants outside of the Perth metropolitan area, please indicate your interest on the Expression of Interest Form and we will contact you to discuss.
When: 30 Mar, 9:30am
Birth to 4 months: A 5-week series of workshops for parents with a newborn baby. Each workshop covers a wide range of topics about you and your new baby and provides the opportunity to meet and connect with other new parents in your local area.