Ngala Northern Community Service Merriwa
Ngala’s Northern Community Service (NNCS) provides localised family support responsive to the expressed needs of resident families. This is achieved by working in close consultation and collaboration with other organisations, individuals and key local residents.
NNCS operates from the Community Centre in Jenolan Way, Merriwa and caters for families in Merriwa, Quinns Rock, Mindarie, Clarkson and suburbs adjacent to 6030.
NNCS activities focus on families with children 0-5years and include a weekly information and coffee morning (with crèche), drop-in consultations and telephone support, parent forums, stalls at shopping centres, newsletters for parents and service providers, a consultancy service on early parenting issues to local organisations and issue based Interagency Forums.
NNCS runs Ngala Parenting and Play Time on Tuesdays 9:30am – 11:30am and Thursdays 10am – 12pm.
"NGALA ON THURSDAYS"
Each Term Ngala on Thursdays has "Ngala @ Play" sessions.
Ngala @ Play
"Ngala @ Play" is an opportunity for children, parents, and workers to enjoy a play morning together. There are a variety of creative and open ended play activities and the children make their own decisions about how to spend the morning. We have an article on the "Value of Free Play" for you to read. Our members of staff have a strong belief in positive guidance and are happy to discuss appropriate strategies with you. There is time for adult conversation in the circle after morning tea, [although parents remain responsible for their own children at all times]. Our child health nurse, is available for individual mini consultations on alternate Thursdays.
- The sessions run from 10am -12noon; packing up begins at 11.45
- A gold coin donation is requested for each session and $5 for Parent Education sessions
- A healthy morning tea of fruit is prepared for the children. Please bring a piece of fruit and a water bottle for your child.
- Please sign the roster for morning tea preparation and washing up
- Safety cups for hot drinks must be used in the crèche
- Nappy bags are available in the bathroom
- We are a very welcoming and inclusive group. Please label yourself and your children every week and extend a warm welcome to anyone new.
- We believe deep friendships grow from active and respectful listening. We enjoy this practice in the adult circle and model it for the children.
- Confidentiality is respected and protected by everyone
- In the case of conflict between children, parents should comfort the upset child and call a staff member to redirect the other child.
|Ngala Northern Community Service
Address: Jenolan Way Community Centre,
Phone: (08) 9368 9354
View Larger Map
No news available at the moment...
When: 19 Jun, 10:00am
Birth to 12 months. Covers the impact of nutrition on brain development in the first year of life. Topics include when to introduce solids, variety, quantity and strategies to establish and encourage long term healthy eating patterns.