Sweet Corn Fritters
- 3 cup(s) canned corn kernels, drained
- 5 individual shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda (bicarbonate soda)
- 2 small eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1 medium fresh tomato, de-seeded, diced
- 1/4 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 medium fresh lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 125 ml mayonnaise
*Recipe serves 6-8 adults.
Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add corn for 3-5 minutes, or until heated through. Add shallots and cook for a further minute. Set aside to cool.
Place corn mixture in a bowl. Sift over flour and bicarbonate soda and mix well. Stir in eggs and season to taste with salt and pepper. Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook 2 tablespoons of mixture for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a warm plate, cover and set aside. Repeat with remaining mixture to make 12 fritters in total.
For the salsa, combine avocado, tomato, onion, lime juice and coriander in a bowl. Stir gently.
When: 20 Feb, 1:30pm
Birth to 4 months: A 5-week series of workshops for parents with a newborn baby. Each workshop covers a wide range of topics about you and your new baby and provides the opportunity to meet and connect with other new parents in your local area.