On the Family Affair segment in Weekends with Nat Browning on ABC Local Radio, we discussed newborn sleep and settling in Week 11. In this session, we discussed the role and importance of Dads in your baby’s life with guest speaker, Keith Read from Ngala’s DadsWA program.
- What is the role of Dad’s with in today’s families? How has it changed and what does it mean to be a “good father”?
- What may new Dads be experiencing as they become a father?
- How do Mums and Dads parent different? What unique qualities to Dad’s bring to the baby’s experience?
- How can we encourage and support Dad’s to be “hands on”, involved and competent parents?
- How can Dad’s bond with their babies?
- The Fathering Project
- The Fathering Project - Importance of rough and tumble play
- Meerilinga - Dads in the early years
- Beyond Blue - Adjusting to fatherhood and emotional wellbeing
- RCN - Articles, tip sheets and videos for Dads
- Australian Institute of Family Studies - videos of Dads talking about fatherhood
When: 24 Apr, 9:30am
Where: Banksia Grove
4 - 7 months. Interested in learning more about introducing solids to your baby? This workshop covers introduction of solids for parents with babies aged 4 months to 7 months. You will be given information and tips to help you with this important milestone in your baby's life.