On the Family Affair segment in Weekends with Nat Browning on ABC Local Radio, we discussed newborn sleep and settling in Week 11. In this session, we discussed the role and importance of Dads in your baby’s life with guest speaker, Keith Read from Ngala’s DadsWA program.
- What is the role of Dad’s with in today’s families? How has it changed and what does it mean to be a “good father”?
- What may new Dads be experiencing as they become a father?
- How do Mums and Dads parent different? What unique qualities to Dad’s bring to the baby’s experience?
- How can we encourage and support Dad’s to be “hands on”, involved and competent parents?
- How can Dad’s bond with their babies?
- The Fathering Project
- The Fathering Project - Importance of rough and tumble play
- Meerilinga - Dads in the early years
- Beyond Blue - Adjusting to fatherhood and emotional wellbeing
- RCN - Articles, tip sheets and videos for Dads
- Australian Institute of Family Studies - videos of Dads talking about fatherhood
When: 21 Feb, 9:30am
Birth to 4 months: A 5-week series of workshops for parents with a newborn baby. Each workshop covers a wide range of topics about you and your new baby and provides the opportunity to meet and connect with other new parents in your local area.