Infant Communication and the Crying Baby
In this session, we explored the ways in which our newborns communicate with us and how we can learn to understand their cries and their body language.
- Why do babies cry and how can we “tune in” to what they are trying to communicate with us?
- What is life like for newborn baby? What they may be experiencing?
- How can we comfort and reassure our babies?
- Do newborn babies actually know they are separate people to us? Do they understand how we feel too?
- The transition for parents and the demands of looking after a newborn baby, and how to look after yourself too.
- Ngala - Sleep and Settling
- Ngala - Settling Tips for Parents
- Conversations About Sleep 0-3 Years Video Guide
- Dept of Health - Child Development 0-3 Months
- Dept of Health - Sleep 0-3 Months
- RCN - Newborns and Sleep
- RCN - Videos on connecting with your baby
- What Were We Thinking - Settling your baby
- What Were We Thinking - Understanding baby's cries
- Child and Youth Health (SA) - Crying baby & setting article
- Child and Youth Health (SA) - how to handle baby when they won't stop crying
- The Wonder Weeks - Resources, books and smart phone/tablet App to explain brain development leaps, how they impact on baby and how to help support your baby through the first year of life.
When: 24 Apr, 9:30am
Where: Banksia Grove
4 - 7 months. Interested in learning more about introducing solids to your baby? This workshop covers introduction of solids for parents with babies aged 4 months to 7 months. You will be given information and tips to help you with this important milestone in your baby's life.