On the Family Affair segment in Weekends with Nat Browning on ABC Local Radio, we discussed the ins and outs of introducing solids to your baby:
- When to introduce solids and how do we know that our baby is ready for solids?
- The signs of readiness to look for in your baby.
- How to start introducing solids.
- Which foods to offer baby and which foods and drinks to avoid.
- The continuing importance of breast milk and formula for brain development.
- How to know when your baby has had enough.
- Embracing the mess – how starting solids is about a developmental stage for your baby and is about fun, play and learning!
When: 20 Feb, 1:30pm
Birth to 4 months: A 5-week series of workshops for parents with a newborn baby. Each workshop covers a wide range of topics about you and your new baby and provides the opportunity to meet and connect with other new parents in your local area.