Your Growing and Changing Baby
Week 20 &21
- How your baby is beginning to change from a newborn to a 3 β 6 month old baby.
- The changes in their physical development, including their different sleep and feeding patterns and needs.
- How they are beginning to develop a routine or rhythm to their day around sleep, feeding and playing.
- Their new physical skills and how to support development of these skills.
- Their social skills and their new language skills.
- Tips on how to manage distracted feeding which can be a common concern of parents for this age group β as their babies are just so interested in the world and not so much in feeding!
- The Wonder Weeks β what they are and how they can help us understand our babies changing development, and understand the relationship between development and possible disruptions to their sleep, feeding and emotional needs.
- Ngala - Babies 3-12 months
- Ngala - Parenting Workshops
- Ngala - Play and Development tip sheet
- WA Health Dept - Child development 3-6 months
- The Wonder Weeks - Resources for parents to learn about their childβs Wonder Weeks and their development, including signs that your baby is experiencing a wonder week, what they are learning, their new abilities and how to support them during these changes. Includes links to paper and electronic resources, and the free downloadable App
- RCN - Babies and Development (3-12months)
- RCN - Understanding Baby Development
- Child Youth Health (SA) - Wonder Weeks Explained
- Child Youth Health (SA) - information on 3-6month developmental stages
- Child Youth Health (SA) - Developmental milestones 0-4 Years
- Child Youth Health (SA) Reading with your baby
- Child Youth Health (SA) - Language development and multilingual families
- Child Youty Health (SA) - Article on Sleep 3-6 months
When: 27 Mar, 9:30am
Where: Banksia Grove
4 - 7 months. Interested in learning more about introducing solids to your baby? This workshop covers introduction of solids for parents with babies aged 4 months to 7 months. You will be given information and tips to help you with this important milestone in your babyâs life.