The Swan Alliance – an equal partnership between Ngala, Mission Australia and Anglicare WA – is the Facilitating Partner of the Australian Department of Social Services Communities for Children initiative within the Swan LGA. The core business is to: “develop and facilitate a ‘whole of community’ approach to support and enhance early childhood development and wellbeing for children from birth to 12 years”. As part of this responsibility, the Swan Alliance sub-contracts other organisations, known as Community Partners, to deliver services.
- Work with the Communities for Children Community Committee who provides planning, support and guidance to the Swan Alliance.
- Offer opportunities for cross-sector engagement and learning together by organising professional training, workshops and a Quarterly Network Breakfast.
- Our Aboriginal staff and volunteers work alongside members of the Aboriginal community to inform community planning and decision making.
- Provide support to Aboriginal community members/group to implement NAIDOC Week Celebrations, the Swan Aboriginal Christmas Party and other events.
- Our CaLD staff and volunteers work alongside members of CaLD communities to inform community planning and decision making.
- Brings together children to inform community planning and decision making through hearing the Voice of the Child.
- Support Community Partners to develop best practice evaluation tools and evidence based programs in partnership with Curtin University.
- Develop, update and distribute mapping and gap analysis documents for use by our Community Partners and other organisations within the community
- Provide small grants to individuals and organisations.