Ngala works with students in Universities, TAFEs and secondary schools. Our support includes placements, work experience and involvement in research. Our work with students spans Perth and Geraldton.
Please note the numbers of students accepted is subject to Ngala’s capacity to provide supervision.
Nursing and social work
- Nursing – Undergraduate
- Child and Family Health nursing – Postgraduate
- Social Work – Masters
Social work students can also apply for work experience at our services at Geraldton.
To apply for a nursing and social work placement in Perth, contact email@example.com with details of your request and any requirements.
To apply for social work experience in Geraldton, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your request and any requirements.
Early Childhood Education
- Children’s Services – TAFE
- Early Childhood Education – University level
- Secondary school students can also apply for work experience
ELDS are located in Joondalup, Kensington and Perth Airport (Belmont), while Bright Stars locations are spread across the state.
To apply for a placement, contact the relevant site with details of your request and any requirements.
Students can also apply for placement at Child and Parent Centre – East Waikiki, both at playgroups and in the centre.
- Early Childhood – Year 12 work experience
- Early Childhood – Diploma
- Early Childhood – University level
To apply for work experience, contact email@example.com with details of your request and any requirements.
Youth Work and Community Services
Students can apply for work experience at Strong Self Strong Spirit in Geraldton.
- Certificate IV Youth Work and Diploma Community Services – TAFE
Secondary school students can apply for work experience at Child and Parent Centre – Rangeway.
To apply for work experience, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your request and any requirements.
Ngala considers work placements for other disciplines, so please contact us on email@example.com with your enquiry.
Information for students on placement
- Please report punctually to reception on first day of placement.
- Students are requested to wear neat casual clothes and covered shoes. No uniform is necessary.
- Ngala requires all students wear a training ID/name badge.
- Students must have a current Working with Children Check and a National Police Clearance before starting placement.
- Full staff room facilities and tea and coffee are provided, however no food is available onsite.