Country Families @ Ngala
Ngala have partnered with WACHS to provide free child health and parenting information and support to families with children from birth to 8 years of age living in regional, rural and remote WA. Flyer – Country Families @ Ngala
In Partnership with the WA Country Health Service (WACHS).
The following services are available:
30-minute consults with a Ngala Child Health Nurse to discuss any area of parenting support or child development. These can be provided by Video Conference or over the phone.
Facebook Group – Tutorials and Facebook Live
You can find us here: CountryFamilies@Ngala.
Join a community of other country families on our private Facebook group and receive updated parenting tips, resources and connections.
We have Tutorial Videos, FB Live sessions (which can be viewed later) and interesting posts on all things parenting for children 0-8 yrs.
- Messy Play Ideas for Babies – 25/4
- Making Ordinary Moments Extraordinary – 10th June, 10.30am As a new parent we often struggle to find the time to meet our baby’s physical needs/play and get the household jobs done. We will talk about how to include your baby in your days activities that is both stimulating for him and allows you to get the jobs done. We will look at brain development, language skills, attachment and play..
- Moving from a cot to a bed – 11th June Moving from a cot to a bed is an exciting step for your little one but sometimes can be a challenge. Take a look at the video with some helpful tips and strategies to help you and your little one make the move.
- Toddler Behaviour – 15th June As you baby grows into a toddler, you will notice changes in their behaviour, including becoming more independent and more assertive of what they want and don’t want! This tutorial will explore changes in your toddler’s development and help you understand your toddlers behaviour and needs. We will also include parenting tips on managing tantrums and guiding their behaviour.
- Toilet Challenges – 17th June This session will look at some of the challenges families face transitioning out of nappies. It is designed for families that have been trying for a while. You might have a child that won’t sit on the toilet or will only poo with a clean nappy on. We will also cover night time bed wetting, including at what age and where you can go to you seek professional help.
- Brain Development During Pregnancy – 1st July Pregnant, ready to grow a smart happy baby? Join us to discover some of the latest science on brain development in utero. To quote John Medina “the most important job you’ve ever signed up for may also be the most interesting thing you’ll ever do!”
FB Live Sessions: (these can still be viewed)
- Toileting – 29/4
- Guiding Behaviour – 25/5
- Toddler Mealtimes – 8th June, 11.30am We will be covering toddler and preschool meal times and why toddlers can go through fussy eating stages, and how we can encourage healthy eating habits with our toddlers. Please ask us your questions about toddlers and mealtimes and we’ll be answering them in the Facebook Live video.
‘Live Chat’ via Facebook – Available Monday – Friday 2pm – 4pm
Chat with a Ngala Child Health Nurse via Private Messaging. You can access this service by joining our Facebook Group and posting your questions. (please note this service may not be available on some days and it excludes public holidays)
Terms & Conditions: Any information or advice provided to you through use of this application is given by a Ngala Child Health Nurse and is based on the best assessment of the issues you have disclosed over this application. If you are still concerned, please take your child or the child in your care to see a doctor, or Child Health Nurse.
Online Parenting Workshops and Groups (Newborns to 8 years)
Our online parenting workshops and groups cover a range of topics for parents such as sleep, settling, feeding, play and learning, starting solids, toileting, child safety, parent wellbeing and many more.
Our workshops provide parenting and child development information, with the opportunity for Q & A and group discussion throughout the session. If you would like for us to cover a topic, please send us an email via email@example.com
Country Families Home Visiting Service in Perth
Supported by the WA Country Health Service, Ngala provides a Child Health Nurse home visiting service to country families in Perth, who have their baby in the metropolitan area.
Families can self refer or be referred by health professional.
To register/enquire, please contact by mobile: 0406463506 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also be interested in our other services: