The Child and Parent Centre – Calista is run in Kwinana by Ngala Community Services in partnership with Calista Primary School.
The Child and Parent Centre – Calista works to listen and respond to parents and the changing needs of families and communities, to promote healthy child development, by offering a range of inclusive, evidence-informed and evidence-based support services.
At Ngala, we believe every child deserves the opportunity to be their best, and that parenting should be a joyful and rewarding experience. This is what we call, raising happiness.
While our centre is located at Calista Primary School, it is also available to families in Orelia, Medina, Leda, Parmelia, Wellard and Bertram. The centre offers programs to families with children from birth to four years, however families with children up to eight years old can access the centre.
Our Ngala team Anne, Echo, Michelle, Yvonne and Emma work closely with local organisations and the community to make sure that programs, services and supports needed by families in the area are easy to access and use. All our activities and programs are free for Kwinana families.
Services and supports available through the Centre include:
• Playgroups for various age groups
• Specialised programs to support school preparation and transition to school
• Maternal and child health services through Allied Health Professionals
• Early Parenting Groups
• Parenting sessions and programs such as Circle of Security, Triple P, Protective Behaviours, Sleep and Behaviour workshops
• Family support services, parenting advice, resources and information
• Access to the Ngala Parenting Line
• Parent groups for fathers, multicultural families and parents of children with additional needs
• Annual events such as during NAIDOC, Book Week, Harmony week and Children’s week
• School holiday activities
• Referrals to other services
Services are available at the Centre as well as other community locations such as surrounding Primary Schools and Early Learning and Care Centres.
The Child and Parent Centre – Calista supports the early literacy initiative Paint Kwinana REaD as well as the Education, Care and Family Network Kwinana, to support a holistic community approach to early childhood education and care.
See the current sessions and services available on our Term Planner.
Alternatively, you can contact our friendly staff by phone on 9367 0960 or email email@example.com for more information about upcoming sessions and events at and through the Child and Parent Centre – Calista, and in locations around Kwinana.
We also offer programs in other locations in Kwinana to reach different parents and connect them to their community and support if needed.
To connect with us join our closed Facebook group.
Term 1 2021 Planner is available now.
My Journey to School Booklet
Family Transition to School Statement