The Child and Parent Centre – Banksia Grove is run by Ngala in partnership with Banksia Grove Primary School.
We work to listen and respond to parents and the changing needs of families and communities, to promote healthy child development, by offering a range of inclusive, evidence-informed and evidence-based support services.
At Ngala, we believe that every child deserves the opportunity to be their best, and that parenting should be a joyful and rewarding experience. This is what we call, Raising happiness.
While our centre is located at Banksia Grove Primary School, it is available to families in the communities of Banksia Grove, Clarkson and Merriwa. The centre offers programs and services to families with children from birth to four years, however families with children up to eight years old can access the centre.
Our team Cindy, Grainne & Kat ensure programs and services are available to support families in our community and are easy to access.
Some of our programs and services at the centre may include:
- Child Health Nurse – appointments and drop in clinic
- Speech Pathology
- Early Parenting Groups led by your local Child Health Nurse
- Play sessions led by our Early Childhood Educator Kat for all preschool age groups – Busy Bees, Crawlers to Walkers and It’s All About Play
- Specialised sessions for pre-kindy children to support school readiness and transition – Little Learners
- Parenting programs e.g. Triple P, Food Sensations for Parents
- Protective Behaviours
- Parent information sessions on topics such as nutrition, managing behaviour, sleep, toileting, screen time, getting ready for kindy, speech and language development
- English Classes for parents in our community with English as a second language
- School holiday activities and other programs for parents and their little ones such as Sing&Grow, Pyjama Drama, Music & Movement
- First Steps Playgroup led by the Autism Association of Western Australia
- Staff members from the Department of Communities and MercyCare Mirrabooka Joondalup Family Support Network available to meet and chat with families
- Connecting you with other services in your community
There is no cost to any of our programs and services and you can see what’s on each term by viewing our Term Planner or joining our Child and Parent Centre – Banksia Grove closed Facebook group.
Click on the link here BG Term 1 Planner 2021 to find out more.
To connect with us you can join our closed Facebook group.
For further information please telephone 9367 0964 or email firstname.lastname@example.org